I recently shared a post called Goals Update – February 2016 on my progress toward improving my health – physically, mentally, and spiritually.
My goals included:
- Exercise at least 5x per week (strength training at least 2x per week).
- Do yoga for at least 10 minutes 2x per week.
- Eat a truly whole food diet – cut back on processed “healthy” food like plantain chips and protein bars.
- Attend weekly therapy appointment for anxiety.
- Attend weekly church service.
- Read the Bible for at least 5 minutes daily (on the She Reads Truth app)
I’ve crushed some of these goals, but there are others I’m still struggling with. To up my motivation, I’ve decided to start participating in the #100FitDays challenge on Instagram. The purpose of #100FitDays is to hold yourself accountable and to inspire others to make healthier choices.
I love doing challenges because they force you to focus on your goals and to take photos daily (which I need to do if I want to improve my photography skills!).
Every day, I am posting one photo for #100FitDays that shows a fit choice I’m making for that day. This doesn’t mean I’m going to be taking selfies at the gym every day! The fit photos can be anything related to physical or mental fitness – things like:
- A healthy snack or meal
- Going for a walk
- Any type of exercising
- Anything that is good for mental health (reading, relaxing, de-stressing, etc)!
To follow my Instagram posts, go here.
Who wants to join the #100FitDays challenge with me?